Reduce photo size without losing image quality
- Various optimization options
- Several algorithms available to change resolution
- Works with many different graphic formats
- Excellent compression results
- You can preview results in real time
- You can't save settings for later use
- Doesn't prompt you to save before closing the app
When uploading images to your personal webpage, online gallery or blog, it's important to resize them and ensure a decent loading speed. But it's also important to keep quality as high as possible.
With RIOT Portable you can solve these two issues in one click, and without even having to install the tool on your system. RIOT stands for Radical Image Optimization Tool, and this is precisely what it does: optimizing your photos so that their file size is dramatically reduced, without skimping on image quality.
RIOT Portable works with a wide range of graphic formats, including Photoshop's PSD, and saves optimized images to JPG, GIF and PNG. You can choose the quality level (for JPG) and the color reduction (for GIF and PNG), and check the results in real-time compared to the original photo, thanks to the program's double-pane interface.
Optimization results in RIOT Portable are simply impressive, especially in JPG. You can reduce any photo to a fifth of its original file size without any significant loss of quality. There's also the option to adjust the image to a specific size: simply enter the desired value in KB and RIOT Portable will adjust the parameters as needed. Just remember to save your changes before closing the program, because it won't display any warning message or save the image automatically if you quit the app.
With RIOT Portable you can drastically reduce image file size while keeping its original quality, so that they're ready to be sent by email or published online.
- fixed a bug with Paste from clipboard. Pasted images were shifted a few pixels. fixed a bug in the DLL version with the toolbar containing rotate, resize, compress to size, etc. The toolbar should be enabled after successful image loading from the host application.
RIOT Portable supports the following formats
In ingresso:JPG, BMP, GIF, JP2, PNG, TGA, TIFF, PSD, PCD, PXC, PPM, PBM, RAS, ICO, MNG, WBMP, XBM, XPM, HDR, SGI
In uscita: JPEG, PNG, GIF